Saturday, January 24, 2009
Week 2 Post
Hello! As stated in my introduction, my name is Michelle Busk. My concentration areas are in mass communications and educational psychology. Originally, I was a special education major, but decided to change degrees my junior year. Mass communications was chosen because it interested me the most out of the available options. These concentrations reflect my personality in that I am compassionate and want to help people as much as possible through whatever medium I can. Currently I am interning at Chandler Educational Television where I am learning how to produce, script, direct and edit educational films. I hope to master the editing process and learn to produce films. So far I have aided in the editing process as well as the packaging DVDs for their school district’s annual report. Seeing as my site is at Chandler High School it fits in perfectly with my Educational Psychology concentration area. I will be working directly with students in filming as well as seniors in the high school who are interning along side my mentor. After graduation I would like to continue my work in the mass communications field editing videos for whatever type of station will take me! If possible, I would enjoy continuing to work editing videos for a school district or an educational program for a public broadcasting station.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Jesus C. Your internship sounds very interesting, hope none of the kids get a diva attitude. It sounds like it's a lot of fun and a great integration of both your concentration areas. Only suggestion is that you preview your blog before you post, it was a bit hard to read with the huge font. Just out of curiosity what kind of equipment does the school have you using? What made you change your degree?
ReplyDeleteHows it going my name is Chris Bandusky. After reading about you internship I really got a strong sense that you are very passionate about what you do! That is a very important attribute to have in your field if you want to be successful at what you do. Especially when your working in the education field and the youth of our society. The entire educational film process seems very interesting and exciting, I hope that all goes well for you and you are successful in reaching your goals!
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteYou may want to adjust your font size, as the large font made it hard for me to read your blog. It sounds like you are really enjoying your internship at Chandler Educational TV. Do you work with a BIS Alumni named Howard? If so, tell time that I said hello. I think that he also did his 401 internship there and believe that he got hired on full-time (although I could be wrong). Anyway, I am glad that so far you are having a good experience and am looking forward to learning more about your internship this semester.
--Jessica
Why hello Michelle!
ReplyDeleteAllow me to introduce myself; my name is Kira and I too have Mass Communications as one of my concentrations! Chandler Educational TV; that sounds like an awesome internship. What kind of educational videos do they specialize in producing? You said that you were in special education; does your internship have any videos/DVDs emphasizing on teaching those in need of special education? Your internship sounds like a great outlet to master the skills in editing/scripting/producing, while also impacting the community. I look forward to reading more of your blogs and wish you luck with your internship. :)
Hello Michelle,
ReplyDeleteThe economic hardships that America faces today are many reasons why people who choose to study film, or want to make film's help get Americans through it. Movies have a huge boost during hardships as people try to find ways to stay happy and positive by viewing movies. I think it’s so neat how you are value helping people and what a way to teach special education through movies/DVD’s!! Your internship sounds very fun and I bet the students that you work with will be impacted by your strong positive attitude. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.
Chris
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, thank you for yourr interest in my blog. Lindsey is definitely a special little girl and I truly enjoy working with her even though it can be extremely difficult at times.
Anyways, I took an educational psychology class when I was an early childhood education major. It was quite interesting and I liked the site visits at the two elementary schools we went to. You mentioned that you are compassionate and really like to help people- I think that is really great and the world needs more people like you. Your internship site sounds very interesting. I don't know much about the work that goes on behind the scenes so I think it would be fun to learn about editting and producing films. I don't know much about mass communication, but that field sounds very interesting. Good luck with your internship and I am glad that you are enjoying it so much!
~Justine